Monday 1 August 2011

What You Did To Me

Echoing in my mind,
as I lie on my bed,
are the words I always wished to hear,
the words you never said.

Tears flow uncontrollably,
as I remember moment by moment,
the fun times we shared,
and the fights that would never end.

I ain't got no clue why,
you went away all of a sudden,
turning my days dark,
making my life a burden.

Did you bother to think once,
what it would do to me?
How I would break apart,
how grave I would be?

You've turned me so numb that,
I can't feel myself or anything out here.
Do you know you've just made real,
all my deepest fears?

I try to pull myself together,
but I fail once again.
My efforts, my pleas, my grievance,
all are going in vain.

I don't want you to come back now,
I cannot handle it.
It's not like you even give a damn,
if I'm throwing a fit.

At least you could've told me what,
you thought was wrong with me,
the reason why you ruined my life,
and took away all the glee.

I want to stand up once again,
but all I do is fall.
My hands don't move, my feet ditch me,
even if I try to crawl.

I've learnt my lesson, not to trust anyone,
it's all a cruel joke.
I was flowing away in dreams till now,
but I suddenly woke.

The questions that I wanna ask,
will always remain unanswered.
They remind me of your cowardice,
and the courage you couldn't muster.

Time is a healer, it would heal my wounds,
I would be normal on the outside.
What would be missing though, is my old smile,
and my will that has died.


2 comments: